Friday, December 24, 2010

Make Yourself A Christmas Doodad

My grandfather made up this song a long time ago called “Make Yourself a Christmas Doodad” and every once in a while my Dad will sing it too.  I have no idea what inspired the song, or why it has persisted in our memories all these years, but I sang “Make Yourself a Christmas Doodad” while I made these….Christmas Doodads.  (For those of you unfamiliar with the word “doodad” dictionary.com defines it as “a decorative embellishment.”

What crafty Christmas would be complete without making a few ornaments?  I had lots of fun making ornaments this year.  I think my favorite ones might be the teacup ornaments, and those were by far the easiest to make!  I bought a Kid’s tea set and glued the tiny cups to the tiny saucers. Add a ribbon and voila!  Super cute, super easy.  I’m also partial to the bird.  And the tree.  And the flower.  Okay, I like them all.
Close Up!
These next few didn't make it into the first pictures.




Merry Christmas, and I hope you have fun making yourself some Christmas doodads. 

1 comment: