Saturday, August 20, 2011

Court's Favorites of the Week!

Favorite Thing of the Week:
My new kindle.  It's so great.  I've already got 56 classics on there. FOR FREE. because that's how it works!  I've actually purchased one book with cash-money (or rather, credit card (my Costa Rican Friends would say "tarjeta de credito") since it is ever-so-conveniently linked to my amazon account) which was BOSSYPANTS by Tina Fey.  It was hilarious, although the language, at times, was a bit rough to my delicate ears. Or eyes, as it were.  The only possible downside to my kindle is that you cannot read it while taking a bubble bath, for fear it will fall into the warm soapy water and be ruined forever.  So....I'm keeping a few paperbacks around.  Actually, I plan to still purchase physical books....but just the really special ones. Or 50 cent ones from the Thrift Store. (I found Ragtime a few weeks ago, imagine that) The kindle is also good for reading free-Inspirational-Romance-Novels-Set-In-Pioneer-Times, which is A) A good thing to take your mind off more serious matters, B) A bit dangerous to my expectations of men ("What do you mean you don't know how to lasso a cow? Lucas in Sixteen Brides could do that with a broken leg")  and C) Hilarious and honestly, satisfying. (because you just KNOW how it's going to end.  Double, possibly triple wedding. DONE) Who created this genre? Is this genre sanctioned by any particular religious body?  Just curious.

Favorite Song(s) of the Week:

Pumped Up Kicks- Foster The People (I've heard this song may be about  some kid going crazy, but I'm going to choose to appreciate the music for now)
I'm Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You- Black Kids-

Favorite Adorable Thing of the Week:
Okay, I talk about ruffles and stuff too much, but Disney is too cute, and this story book she made for her daughter makes me either want to A) Be 5 years old again or B) Have a family immediately.
Both seem unlikely, so I'll content myself with sharing her adorable work with you:
http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2011/08/mommy-and-paige-story-for-my-punkin.html

Favorite Thing of this Week that is Happening Next Week: OKGO is doing the Muppets Theme song.  I'm on board with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment