Sunday, October 3, 2010

A brief note on pumpkins

Hello All,
I'm afraid I haven't the time for a good post right now, but here's a teaser for what is to come: (yes, I realize I've already hinted at a few of these, but I've got to keep myself on track, right?)

This time of year always makes me think of the book Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, specifically the part where Almanzo grows an enormous pumpkin by cutting a slit in the vine, and putting one end of a wick into a bowl of milk and the other into the vine.  He wins first prize at the fair.  Now, this book is based on real life, so I am assuming this is a viable method of pumpkin nourishment, but I really don't know.

Anyway, the point is, one of the posts to come will include a touching story in which a half-dead plant is nursed back to life.

Also, I'm still working on the thing with the tiny wine glasses. In my head, that is.  It's going to be very simple and wonderful, I just haven't had time to go to hobby lobby in a long time.

and finally, stay tuned for a very elementary school style Halloween costume.  (aka lots of GLUE is involved)

Hopefully these things will make it up here in October.  However, there is a 99.9% chance it will be November before I get to it.  I'm sorry blog, October is a very busy month this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment