Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cowboy Cookies!

Short Post.  Grad School/Life is a limiting reactant for this blog. (arg, did I just make a General Chemistry reference)  This isn't something I did recently.  But it is something I love to make.

Cowboy Cookies!!!

I love cookies, don’t you?  I especially love cookies with lots of yummy stuff in them, like oatmeal, coconut, and chocolate chips.  So here’s my favorite recipe for cowboy cookies.  I’ve made these a lot, so I’ve been able to get the recipe fairly close to just how I like it.  Actually, I did a whole research project on this recipe in college.  So I suppose you could say it’s been through some moderately rigorous testing.  And just for the record, these aren’t magic health cookies or anything. They are just tasty.  Everything in moderation! Limited nutrition info is at the bottom.  The picture looks like it was taken in a lab.  That's because it was.  Sorry

Mmmmmm Science!


1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. coconut
2 c. chocolate chips
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, soda and baking powder and add to creamed mixture. Add coconut, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Drop onto greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. (watch them. They can go fast, it might not take 15 minutes.  But I have a temperamental oven.

Per Cookie: Calories 104.50 kcal. Carbohydrates 14.34 g. Sugar 9.97 g

Happy Eating!

Court

2 comments:

  1. I adore cowboy cookies, although I've never had them with the coconut. I sense a baking project looming in my future...

    ReplyDelete